Following your bliss is not self-indulgent, but vital; your whole physical system knows that this is the way to be alive in this world and the way to give to the world the very best that you have to offer. There IS a track just waiting for each of us and once on it, doors will open that were not open before and would not open for anyone else. - Joseph Campell

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Returning Favorites

Like I alluded to, there isn't much left on the major networks that I actually watch.  Here's what is:


Community - Community was on my "I'll Try It Once" list for 2009.  Turned out to be one of my favorite shows. I'm so glad I stuck it out, because it just keeps getting better and better.  Such creative talent on that show.


Chuck - I was little late on the Chuck train, I started it mid-first season.  Love that show. I love the Chuck/Sarah relationship.  Most importantly though, I love that the show has allowed them to be together, so refreshing.  I love Morgan and Casey too, and Lester and Jeff.  Such great characters.  Fun show!! 


Sidebar: I don't have cable.  I watch by purchasing my shows from Amazon, and watch them on my Roku box. (It's way cheaper than cable.) This year was a bummer because Amazon lost their deal with NBC or whoever, and right about Thanksgiving Chuck became unavailable.  Good news though, the episodes are back up.  I can now get caught up, and see the season finale.  YAY!!


Supernatural - I am super late on the Supernatural train.  I only started watching it last fall.  It was one of those shows that I deliberately put on the back burner.  I know it is weird, but I have shows I know I'll love that I don't watch.  I'm saving them for a rainy day.  Mad Men is on my back burner for example.  Last fall after most of the shows I had on my list got cancelled after one episode (Lone Star & My Generation that means you!!) I decided to pull a couple shows off my back burner (24 was the other one), and burn through them I did.  Supernatural I watched like it was crack and blew through five seasons in a matter of weeks. Such a great show.  So much fun. It has actually worked out quite well for me because there hasn't been much to watch, and now I have a whole three returning favorites.  :o)

Next up the I'm In list . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover