I only have three shows that I'm all in on, wherein I am so excited about them I can barely stand it!!
Awake - Holy shit, I am so excited about this show!!!!! The crap part is that the knobs at NBC haven't actually put it on the schedule yet. Whatever!! Midseason I hope. First off, I love love love Jason Isaacs. He is one of my favorite actors. Secondly, the story is out of control creative. I can't even begin to say. I'll let the professionals (via Futon Critic) break it down for you. (I know it sounds convoluted, but watch the trailer.)
DESCRIPTION:
(from NBC's press release, May 2011) "Awake" is an intriguing drama about a detective (Jason Isaacs, "Harry Potter," "Brotherhood") who finds he is leading an arduous double life that defies reality. When Detective Michael Britten (Isaacs) regains consciousness following his family's car accident, he is told that his wife Hannah (Laura Allen, "Terriers") perished but that his teen son, Rex (Dylan Minnette, "Saving Grace"), has survived. As he tries to put the pieces of his life back together, he awakens again in a parallel reality in which his wife is very much alive -- but his son Rex died in the accident. In order to keep both of his loved ones alive at one time, he begins living two dueling realities in parallel worlds, which churns up confusion -- in one moment, Michael and his wife debate about having another child to replace their son, while in the other reality, he is attracted to his son's tennis coach, Tara (Michaela McManus, "The Vampire Diaries"), to fill the void from the loss of his wife. Trying to regain some normalcy, Michael returns to police work and solves crimes in both worlds with the help of two different partners -- Detective Isaiah "Bird" Freeman (Steve Harris, "The Practice") and Detective Efrem Vega (Wilmer Valderrama, "That '70s Show").
Awake trailers and interviews
Alcatraz - I was a big Lost fan, and I was so excited to see this show come up from Elizabeth Sarnoff. She also worked on Deadwood, another of my favorite shows. Hopefully it will be able to do what The Event failed to do, and give us a large scale conspiracy show. I am unfortunately going to have to wait awhile, since they've decided to put this on their midseason schedule. Sucks!! :o(
Alcatraz trailer
Touch - I am going to have to wait an even longer while for this puppy. Touch stars Kiefer Sutherland and is being developed by Tim Kring. Tim brought us Heroes, a show I stuck with until the end. The synopsis for this show is about as complicated as Awake, so I'll paste the blurb. Thing is that we don't even have a trailer yet for it, and they haven't even announced the rest of the cast. So, who knows when we will get to see it. The story sounds so good. It is going to be a tough wait for this one.
Here's what the professionals via The Futon Critic have to say:

No comments:
Post a Comment