Following your bliss is not self-indulgent, but vital; your whole physical system knows that this is the way to be alive in this world and the way to give to the world the very best that you have to offer. There IS a track just waiting for each of us and once on it, doors will open that were not open before and would not open for anyone else. - Joseph Campell

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

rodrigo y gabriela

Last night I went to see Rodrigo y Gabriela.  Holy crap!!  What a show.  I was unfortunately a little late, so I missed a couple of songs. But man, they were crazy awesome.  Gabriela said that this was the first night of the North American tour.  So they had a lot of energy.  She was jumping up and down all over the stage.  So cute.  Actually they are both so damn cute.  The crowd was electric too.  They got a standing ovation after practically every song.  They are touring with the C.U.B.A. band.  What they do is start with the full band.  Then the middle is just the two of them, and then at the end the band comes back out.  Each of them did a long solo, so the other could rest a bit. I can't imagine.  Their fingers must hurt.  Anyway, I actually really loved C.U.B.A.  The drums and horns are fantastic.  Oh, oh, then the C.U.B.A. piano guy did a crazy solo.  Amazing. Yeah, great show.  Saw them at the Paramount. I hadn't been there in a while.  I missed them the last time they were here, and I am SO glad I didn't let them get by me again.  That's for sure.

So, Hora Zero is my favourite song of theirs.  This is an extended version of the song.  Oh the talent.  Actually, on a side note. I read the book Outliers.  I had seen an interview with them a while back, and I believe Gabriela said that when they got to Ireland they were busking, and basically had nothing to do but play.  They played all day and night.  It makes me think that they are as good as they are because they got their 10,000 hours of playing in.  The other thing I love about them is their accents.  They have these adorable Latin/Irish accents. I'll stop gushing.  =)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover