Following your bliss is not self-indulgent, but vital; your whole physical system knows that this is the way to be alive in this world and the way to give to the world the very best that you have to offer. There IS a track just waiting for each of us and once on it, doors will open that were not open before and would not open for anyone else. - Joseph Campell

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

justified

I wanted to recap season three of Justified.  I liked it a lot, but I didn't love it like I did season two.  Part of my problem is that I watched it with my 95 year-old grandmother.  I go over to her house once a week, and we have dinner and a movie or watch a TV show.  She actually really liked season one and two of Justified, but she struggled a bit with season three.  The violence seemed to be kicked up a notch, which I don't mind, but she had a problem with.  She also has difficulty following the story, so I had to stop it after just about every scene and explain to her what was going on.  That was really hard, since it was a particularly complicated plot.  There were quite a few throwbacks to old characters from previous seasons, which added to the explaining.  Yeah, it was hard to explain what was going on. 

I loved Carla Gugino, Maggie Lawson, Jim Beaver, Kaitlyn Dever and William Mapother's turns on the show.  They were all really good.  Personally I would love it if Natalie Zea didn't come back.  I know she's going to be on a new show next year on Fox, and they totally wrote Winona into a corner.  I don't like her character, and think Raylan should be single.  Hopefully that will happen.  With that said, I really love Eva and Boyd together.  They are really evolving into a power couple.  I love how they are bad, but still kinda good people.  Lots of moral ambiguity there.

Yeah, there was some heavy stuff this season.  I really did like it.  I just think I need to watch it again uninterrupted.  I am looking forward for season four for sure.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover