Following your bliss is not self-indulgent, but vital; your whole physical system knows that this is the way to be alive in this world and the way to give to the world the very best that you have to offer. There IS a track just waiting for each of us and once on it, doors will open that were not open before and would not open for anyone else. - Joseph Campell

Thursday, June 28, 2012

double feature

The Grey

I was really excited to see this one.  Turns out it is kind of depressing.  It was good, but kind of a downer.  Not that plane crash movies should be fun.  It was heavier than I would have expected coming from Joe Carnahan.  I actually really like Smokin' Aces, which is a ridiculous movie, but totally fun.  The Grey is not that.  I am a big fan of both James Badge Dale and Joe Anderson, and both of their characters were really showy, which was fun.  It was good, but not what I was expecting.


Contraband

I watched Contraband the same night.  I like Mark Wahlberg, Ben Foster and Kate Beckinsale, and it looked like it could be okay.  Turns out I liked it way better than The Grey.  Maybe because it was what I was more in the mood for.  It was fun, and I actually found the ending to be refreshing.  I loved that there wasn't a chase around the work site with guns or whatever.  It was a rare movie where it actually got better as it went along.  Yeah, total fluff, but a pleasant surprise.  I am really glad I watched The Grey first.  =)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover