Following your bliss is not self-indulgent, but vital; your whole physical system knows that this is the way to be alive in this world and the way to give to the world the very best that you have to offer. There IS a track just waiting for each of us and once on it, doors will open that were not open before and would not open for anyone else. - Joseph Campell

Monday, July 4, 2011

Game of Thrones

Last night, having not quite enough couch time in, I started watching Game of Thrones.  Of course the first glimpses of the amazing images that came out a few months ago really got me intrigued.  If nothing else this was going to be a beautiful show.  I wasn't able to start watching it from the start because I didn't have HBO, but I got it about a week ago.  Now I have HBO Go, which gives you access to ALL of HBO's shows and every episode of them.  Anyway, ended up watching the first five episodes last night.  Pretty good all around.  I'm not loving it to death, but there are enough characters I've become invested in enough to keep watching.

Favorite character Tyrion Lannister.  I love Peter Dinklage, and this is a perfect character for him to sink his teeth into.  He's had some wonderful scenes.  He's a true talent, and always enjoyable.


Second favorite character is Arya Stark.  This gal is seriously stealing every scene she's in. This girls got spunk. 



Daenerys - You feel so sorry for this girl, but as the story moves on you really get to see her grow.  I'm interested to see where this character goes.


Jon Snow - Yeah, he's definitely a hero in the making.


Last but not least, our Lady Lena.  I am a big fan of Lena Headey, and she's doing a great job as the cool and calculated Cersei Lannister.


Yeah, over all a pretty good show. I'll probably watch the last five episodes of season one tonight.  :oP

Last note:  The kind of gratuitous sex and nudity aside, this show is pretty violent. I adverted my eyes a few times.  I'm usually not squeamish, but it is unpleasant gross not cool gross, at least I thought so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover