Here's the story of Glee and me.
Okay, I feel that I can call myself a Ryan Murphy fan, as I have watched and loved both Popular and Nip Tuck.
I thoroughly enjoyed Popular. Loved how campy it was. The characters were so fun, and I loved the production quality of the show. Everything just popped off the screen. The problem was that as much as I loved season one, the stories they did season two were, well pretty much one after school special after another. I not being in high school didn't need to be preached at, and found the show became more and more grating. =(
So, along comes Glee. First I have to say I am not a fan of musicals, but the Ryan Murphy factor did interest me. I didn't check it out at first because of the singing part. I did hear a lot of great things about the show, but there was still the whole singing part. Then I was on a plane coming back from Europe, which had it available to view. I watched it . . . twice. Loved the pilot, loved the characters, the production quality, and didn't really mind the singing so much. When I got home I downloaded season one, and marathoned my way through 22 episodes. Highly enjoyable. Well, then came season two, and pretty much the same thing happened to Glee that happened to Popular. Oy!! Practically every episode was an after school special. I was already struggling with the singing part, but this whole "alcohol is bad" and "everyone is beautiful" business is just too much. Every week was going to be the last week I watched. The thing is I wanted season one back so badly, I just kept hoping.
Oh!! Oh!! Oh!! Then there was the Gwyneth business. I have never hated a character/performance as much as Gwyneth's Miss Holiday in my life. Words cannot express how much I hated her.
However, the last couple episodes have actually been pretty good. I also really love Schuester and Emma. Actually Emma is my favorite character, and it has killed me that she was in like less than half of the episodes this year. So sad. I really want to see more of them, but I don't know if it is enough to sign on for season three? I've been saying that I wasn't going to do season three, but the last couple of episodes have given me hope. Maybe they've covered every after school special topic, and they can resume having episodes with actual story lines. With a cast of, what 20, they really can't think of anything? Maybe I haven't lost all hope. We will see.
Couple of things I loved from the New York finale.
Lea's beautiful blue dress . . .
Kurt (How adorable is Chris?) and Rachel at Tiffany's . . .




No comments:
Post a Comment