Following your bliss is not self-indulgent, but vital; your whole physical system knows that this is the way to be alive in this world and the way to give to the world the very best that you have to offer. There IS a track just waiting for each of us and once on it, doors will open that were not open before and would not open for anyone else. - Joseph Campell

Saturday, May 21, 2011

creating my balance

Hello!!  I've be following other people's blogs off and on over the years, and have always been tempted to join in the fun myself.  The thing is I am sorta a workaholic, and I have a hard time balancing things in my life.  I recently started a Twitter account, as I thought it would be an easy way to dip my toe in the pool.  The thing is I am a bit chatty, and I find Twitter to be, um, limiting. 

My idea is to create a catalog or diary of the way art in all its forms touches my life.  Basically taking the time to stop and smell the proverbial roses.  I want to do this by finding and identifying art and beauty in my day to day, and capture it so I remember that it was there.

Time moves so quickly for me, and I find that things begin to blur.  This will be an exercise in documenting my life.  I don't know how it will go, but I thought I would give it a shot.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover