Following your bliss is not self-indulgent, but vital; your whole physical system knows that this is the way to be alive in this world and the way to give to the world the very best that you have to offer. There IS a track just waiting for each of us and once on it, doors will open that were not open before and would not open for anyone else. - Joseph Campell

Monday, September 30, 2013

Breaking Bad

So ends the run of Breaking Bad.  What a magical ride it was.  Vince should be so proud.  The show was executed perfectly.  Even the bits that were hard to watch had their meaning and place.  So many things to love about this show, but for me it was all about Mr. White and Jesse.  These two had such chemistry, and will go down as one of the best on screen duos ever.  They reminded me of Bayless and Pembleton on Homicide, such a complicated and unbalanced relationship.  Fantastic writing and acting!  I'm so thankful that Vince and his team saw the magic, and let Jesse live.  

I had just rewatched the show on Netflix, in preparation for the final episodes, which made the whole experience that much better, having the whole story fresh on my mind. It really is like reading a great book. Following these characters on their journey to the dark side.  I have a story I've wanted to write about a character slowly turning to evil.  Sadly, I don't think I could ever come close to the emotional detail the Breaking Bad folks achieved.  The bar has been set so very high!

I am so thankful to AMC for giving us Breaking Bad, all of Breaking Bad.  Truly brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover